Remember to wear comfortable shoes for Parent Orientation– there will be LOTS of walking!
Before your orientation session encourage your student to:
- Memorize his or her Campus Wide Identification Number (CWID)
- Prepare for the math placement test online
- Review the undergraduate catalog and course schedules through myBama
- Have his or her immunization form (MMR and meningitis immunization and TB test) prepared by your family doctor
- Get questions answered about on-campus and off-campus housing
- Submit his or her photo for the Action Card (student ID)
Please note: Students will use their action card during orientation. Photos must be submitted at least one full business day prior to your Bama Bound session. Students are highly encouraged to submit a photo online.
- Become familiar with First Year Experience
- Plan to purchase football tickets online in early June 2017. Supply of tickets is limited and is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Learn about Bama Dining meal options
After orientation, encourage your student to:
- Plan to attend the Week of Welcome
- Register for his or her parking permit
- Order his or her textbooks online from the SUPe Store
- Prepare for moving to campus
Please take advantage of the many services UA offers to parents and…
- Become a fan of our UA Parent Programs Facebook page
- Follow our @BamaParents Twitter account
- Sign up for the Parent Email Notification Program (PENPALS)
- Frequently visit our website for updates
- Plan to attend Family Weekend