Remember to wear comfortable shoes for Parent & Family Orientation– there will be LOTS of walking!
Before your orientation session encourage your student to:
- Memorize their Campus Wide Identification Number (CWID)
- Prepare for the math placement test online
- Review the undergraduate catalog and course schedules through myBama
- Have their immunization form (MMR and meningitis immunization and TB test) prepared by your family doctor for electronic submission through myBama
- Get questions answered about on-campus and off-campus housing
- Submit their for the Action Card (student ID)
Please note: Students will be able to pick up their action card during orientation if photos are submitted at least one full business day prior to your Bama Bound session. Students are highly encouraged to submit a photo online.
- Become familiar with First Year Experience
- Plan to purchase football tickets online in early June 2018. Supply of tickets is limited and is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Learn about Bama Dining meal options
After orientation, encourage your student to:
- Plan to attend the Week of Welcome
- Register for their parking permit
- Order their textbooks online from the SUPe Store
- Prepare for moving to campus
Please take advantage of the many services UA offers to parents and…
- Become a fan of our UA Parent & Family Programs Facebook page
- Follow our @BamaParents Twitter account
- Sign up for the Parent Email Notification Program (PENPALS)
- Frequently visit our website for updates
- Plan to attend Family Weekend