Active participation in the Parent Advisory Council is a rewarding way to share in your son or daughter’s college years. Although all parents of UA undergraduate students receive resources from Parent & Family Programs and are invited to be partners in their student’s education, council members take an active role at the University by serving as liaisons between the University and parents. Ideal applicants are energetic, creative, and dedicated to the improvement of the University and its support of students and their families.
The University of Alabama Parent Advisory Council is comprised of parents of UA undergraduates who:
- Provide insight from the parent/family perspective
- Act as a liaison between UA parents and the Division of Student Life
- Support the University and encourage other parents to do the same
Council Member Requirements
- Meet each semester (twice virtually in fall, once in-person & once virtually in spring) to learn ways to support students, discuss issues concerning parents, interact with University administration, and serve as the voice of all UA parents.
- Advise Parent & Family Programs as to important issues facing University of Alabama families.
- Promote “staying connected” with the University among parents of current and prospective UA students.
- Be knowledgeable of campus resources and share information about those with other UA parents.
- Volunteer during parent & family orientation, family weekend, and other campus events.
- Support the University by making an annual financial contribution to the Parents Fund.
- Serve a two year renewable term on the Parents Advisory Council.
We thank the following 2020-2021 PAC members for their service:
- Bill & Sheri Blackburn; Hoover, Alabama
- Sherry Jones; Tuscaloosa, AL
- Annemarie & James Lemke; West Hartford, CT
- Tammie Doleman Williams; Pell City, AL
- Mary Molusky; Lexington, SC
- Dava & Jay Peoples; Hoover, AL
- Mary Stephan; Gulf Breeze, FL
- John Zinman; Sharon, MA
- Tiffany Alexander; Greensboro, GA
- Patrick Collier; Indianapolis, IN
- Sherri Davidson Blank; Trussville, AL
- Angela Gaeto; Albuquerque, NM
- Rachel Gurwitz; San Antonio, TX
- Melissa Hanson & Justin Snelson; Albuquerque, NM
- Karen Ivey; Palo Alto, CA
- Susan McIlwain; Kildeer, IL
- Mike & Julie Rickles Anderson; Hoover, AL
- Danyell Solomon; Selma, AL
- Jennifer & Grover Southerland; Lithia, FL
- Sandy Hill Taylor; Opelika, AL
- Casey Wollenzier; Holland, MI
- Carol Bagmon; Middleburg, FL
- Tiffany Fee; Downingtown, PA
- Judy Sapos; Pittsburgh, PA
- Steven Shipowitz; Germantown, TN
- Kim Smith; Fairhope, AL
- Tamra Terry; Florence, AL
- Brette Tschurtz; Cary, IL
- Melissa & Jim Walaitis; Manchester, MO
- Todd Wallace; Argyle, TX
- Lori Wyrsch; Manahawkin, NJ
Applications for the Parent Advisory Council are available annually in June and July.
If you would like to receive a Parent Advisory Council information packet/application, please feel free to give our office a call at 1-800-392-2777 or send us an email at email@example.com.